Review ST XTA Coilover
Scuto Laminating HD Car Care

25 Mei 2016 - Payment System Terbaru Untuk Bursa Jual Beli telah kami hadirkan.
Untuk informasi lebih lengkap dapat dilihat di http://modifika.si/630917

• Short URL:  http://modifika.si/646676
  • Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
    Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    1 Mth 4 Days 2 Hrs 24 Mins 31 Secs

Review ST XTA Coilover

Length of use: approx. more than 3 months of a combined city and highway driving

The good:
    •Superb German Engineering
    •Excellent build quality
    •Excellent match up between spring rates and valving
    •Adjustability without that bouncy feeling
    •Ada harga ada barang

The bad:
    •I cannot stop driving my car now

The ugly:
    •None really, other than the price is abit on the pricey side but, hey, ada harga ada barang

The verdict:
    So Okay; I switched to ST XTA from Tein Street Advance. There is nothing wrong with the Tein Street Advance but they are just that, a street coilover and I needed more. More of what? More of precise match up between spring rates and valving and eliminating that bouncy response during high speed. These perfect matching of spring rates and shock valving are what set the top dogs apart in the coilover worlds vs other lesser coilovers. One might argue that "Oh saya buat harian aja" Well guess what? These are build for your harian too
    Actually I set my eyes on its higher end, the KW V2 or V3 but to be honest, I don't have that kind of budget for the time being because I already ordered some more engine and suspension parts so the ST XTA will do for now.
    You would know what a build quality is as soon as you opened this from its box. Some nay sayers are saying that the ST or KW ride will be harsh but I'll say that they don't have a clue on what are they talking about. You need to dial the suspension vis-a-vis its height to get that combo which you are looking for, be patience, that's what a coilover is for. Of course it'll get stiff dialed at full stiff. Just so you know, if dialed full stiff but still soft it means that you have a crappy suspension. If you dialed at or around full stiff but then your car becomes bouncy it also means that you have a crappy suspension. End of discussion.

To those who don't know, the ST XTA is a sister company from KW GmbH based in Fichtenberg, Germany. The company is one of the world's best suspension makers. Each coilover they put it on suspension dyno and chassis dyno to ensure that all works flawlessly as advertised. And I bet that other than top dogs such as Ohlins, Bilstein, KW/ST, Aragosta, I don't think other coilover producers have these two important equipments on their facilities.

Will I buy this ST coilover again for my next project car? Hell yea but I'm going KW v3 (at least v2)

2. Rekeningku.com
    Sersan Mayor
    Power
    M-Store Point
    2 Mths 2 Wks 3 Days 19 Hrs 17 Mins 31 Secs
    mau tanya om, apakah ganti dari oem ke coilover mobil akan jauh lebih keras bantingannya?
    Daily Driven --1996 Toyota Mark II

Keep a cool head while driving

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    Quote Originally Posted by BuggyMuggy View Post
    mau tanya om, apakah ganti dari oem ke coilover mobil akan jauh lebih keras bantingannya?
    Definitely ngga keras.. yg bilang keras itu kalau preload nya dimaenin karena, perhaps, ga tau musti puter yg mana untuk set ketinggian...
    2nd Gen Mark X-Work Emotion-Advan DB-ST Coilover by KW GmbH-Kakimoto-Cusco foot works-Brembo 6pot/4pot-XS Motoring pre-muffler-Red Recaro SR7F

Mayor
    Power
    M-Store Point
    2 Mths 3 Wks 2 Days 10 Hrs 19 Secs
    wow that combination of shocks and springs look fancy. ga seperti bc yang item ketemu item sedikit aksen merah, kurang keren wkwk.

yes menurut saya bener juga yg make coilover kerasa keras mungkin setelannya ga bener. lebih keras drpd std pasti, tp buat belok dan nekuk2 jauh lebih pd.

skrg ane jg pake coilover buat harian di E300 merek bc, ga bikin sakit pinggang kok, tp sama seperti om mungkin kalo udah kurang enak mau coba KW. tp bukannya KW V3 itu track/race spec ya bro? cmiiw

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    Quote Originally Posted by play View Post
    wow that combination of shocks and springs look fancy. ga seperti bc yang item ketemu item sedikit aksen merah, kurang keren wkwk.

yes menurut saya bener juga yg make coilover kerasa keras mungkin setelannya ga bener. lebih keras drpd std pasti, tp buat belok dan nekuk2 jauh lebih pd.

skrg ane jg pake coilover buat harian di E300 merek bc, ga bikin sakit pinggang kok, tp sama seperti om mungkin kalo udah kurang enak mau coba KW. tp bukannya KW V3 itu track/race spec ya bro? cmiiw
    Yg race spec itu KW Clubsport oom, their (KW) other product lines including ST are track ready and still comfortable for daily street driving.

Don't be sold based on the paintings/coloring applied oom but on the quality of the product and the end result
    I could care less on what color of paint they choose to apply, personally

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    By the way, masih di factory settings at 9 (out of 18) for both front and rear 👍🏻 So masih at a medium rebound settings

Mayor
    Power
    M-Store Point
    3 Mths 1 Wk 5 Hrs 14 Mins 20 Secs
    Kmrn beli dan pasangnya dimana bro?
    Krn end result nya coilover enak dipakainya itu ya harus di tempat yg bisa dan bagus masang n settingnya.
    Ane mau ke tempat yg sama juga nih rencananya.
    Minta di share ya tempat kmrn beli dan masangnya.

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote ugly View Post
    Kmrn beli dan pasangnya dimana bro?
    Krn end result nya coilover enak dipakainya itu ya harus di tempat yg bisa dan bagus masang n settingnya.
    Ane mau ke tempat yg sama juga nih rencananya.
    Minta di share ya tempat kmrn beli dan masangnya.
    Proper settings and installation are absolutely part of the calculations but keep in mind that a quality coilover product plays an absolute important role here. Illustration goes like this, a high quality coilover but has a crappy ride due to wrong settings and installation can be easily cure rather than a junk coilover installed and setup "correctly". Why "correctly" with " "? Simply because there are no proper settings in a crappy coilover. At the end, you get what you paid for..

Purchased and further fine tuning done at: Absolute Rich Tuning, kelapa gading. They can do installation as well, guaranteed.

Installation and first settings: excess Motorsport Pluit. Sekalian pasang other engine related parts soanya and wheel alignment (spooring)
    Semustian ada di google maps semua...

NGK Busi Datsun 300x250

Thread Information