• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
    Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    1 Mth 4 Days 2 Hrs 54 Mins 3 Secs

Mark X GRX130 Daily Drive In Progress

Updates are on the last page!
    Monggo ke halaman terahir untuk update terahir!

Numpang gan.... masih blajar modif.... belum beres and masih cupu...
    Wish list: All completed and done

Current:
    14Sept2014. OEM ducktail is finally mounted thanks for Perfect AutoBody for the immaculate job!
    This is the last mod on Stage 1 so stay tune for Stage 2 (scroll towards the last page for stage 2)

30Aug2014. Patience does paid off! hahaha I got my wheels today and damn the aggressive fitment does transform the car's look! I want to say mucho thanks to the owners and crews at ART; pak Iwan M and pak Alvin AW for hooking me up and the patience for keeping up with all of my shiets
    Current wheels and tires specs:
    F: 20x8.5 +38 245/35-R20 Yokohama Advan DB
    R: 20x9.5 +38 275/30-R20 Yokohama Advan DB (yg +45 is up for sale cheap, only 6jt nego)

25Aug2014. Foglights are on! Thanks to oom Danang and his crews at Bintaro for the superb service and excellent customer service! The attention to details are uncanny!

06Aug2014. Earlier today a pair of 4mm spacers from 60.1mm to 73.1mm PCD 5x114.3 have arrived from Motorsport Tech, Sparks, NV, USA, US made from T6 6061 Alcoa billet aluminum. Including build time, it took approx. 2 weeks to arrived at my Jakarta address and yes, the total price is not cheap if you calculate all the shipping, handling, and all the associated taxes but this is well worth the cost and hassles. So some of you might be thinking: is this guy insane or what? He could've gotten the same thing locally made at a fraction of the cost besides, the local build quality is comparable too. I can say confidently that although the craftsmanship might be on par (CNC machine and what nots) but they made out of a completely different and a much better material.

28Jun2014. YAY! Thank you Hoong from Creation Auto Styling KL Malaysia! The rear spoiler as arrived last night but it came painted all while I specifically ordered it unpainted . I will have to ask the shop to remove this paint and repaint the spoiler to have a 100% color matching with the rest of the car and I will bring this to a paintshop after I got my wheels which is scheduled to arrived sometimes around end of July right around Hari Raya time I would guess
    Here are a couple of pics:
    Topside:

14Jun2014. The Cusco Hybrid strutbar and its quick release are all here. I picked them up at ASCO early in the 14th morning. I must say: Thank you ASCO! Thumbs up for your service and professionalism!
    Unfortunately the bolts on the quick release are too short to be used on the strutbar as it is wider than what the quick release was designed for. This is quite a bizarre experience as based on the Cusco parts catalog, the quick release mechanism is available for GRX130 Hybrid strutbar, so, anyway, at the end we decided to exclude the quick release mechanism. There, I decided to install the strutbar along with coilover adjustments for both height and dampening at ASCO. I set the dampening at 6 clicks from the hardest for both front and rear and equal drops on all sides. I haven't had a chance to post some pics on the current drop but the strutbar pic is below. Handling comparison with the stock and even with the coilover on, is noticeably different now as the car provides a more direct steering input than before.

10Jun2014. Just got an awesome news from ASCO that my Cusco strutbrace and its quick release have arrived. Gotta move my Saturday schedule to pick those bad boys up at ASCO. Can't wait to see them and install them

06June2014. After several days of city driving with varying road surfaces at various speed, I've come to a conclusion that, while the Tein recommended settings are very comfortable but I need to adjust mine approx. 6 clicks from the hardest to suite my liking. Well, perhaps 7 clicks but, I don't know, we'll see, because another consideration is that I want to lower another 10mm to 15mm (f&r) so I figure, abit more tougher dampening is needed...

26May2014. Got the Tein Street Advance (SA) coilover installed today. Scroll down for pics..
    So, it turns out that the suspension set up on GRX130 is very similar with the latest generation Camry which makes it interesting because this car is a RWD (FR) while Camry is a FWD (FF) and because of this, it is a huge relief for the tech and his crews whom install the coilover as they don't have any experience doing any GRX130. The fronts was quite a breeze however the rears installation was quite a major headache as the room on the rear passenger side is quite cramped but not tight tho.. The reason is that because this side has the fuel tank. Moreover, on the rear drivers side, the splitter, that is the "Y" exhaust pipe, makes a room to maneuver a tad tight such as in removing one of the major bolts on the suspension arm.

Now, on the coilover review. I set the Tein SA coilover at the factory's recommended settings which are as follows: dampening at 8 clicks from the hardest max and height drop between 20mm to 40mm. I choose the middle ground at 30mm figuring that the suspension might lower abit more, perhaps extras +/- 2.5mm to 5mm or so, once they are settled. How's the car ride so far? Well, since I just had this installed yesterday, so far the car rides much better than the stock. It is now able to make turns tighter and response much better to steering inputs compared to stock and no harsh or bouncy ride observed. As this is my daily drive, I will let this for more than a week or so and then retightened everything then do a wheel alignment. I actually am thinking to drop it to 40mm from 30mm but let's do this later once my new wheels are here in a couple of months time, moreless.

Am I happy with the purchase? I am; thus far. And to those of you whom might say "it's not low enough", "you are on coilover, dump it for pete's sake", well, here's the thing, I don't have any intention to dump my car and becoming a ground scraper or do some crazy camber with some stretched tires or things in those natures. Naturally, having said that, as this is my daily drive, so I want my ride to be low enough, handles better than the stock (of course) and still maintain that comfort and drivability at the same time. I know that comfort is a subjective matter but once you go with Tein coilover, or any other good reputable brand of coilovers as a matter of fact, you'll know what I'm talking about .
    Front coilover:

Rear coilover:

Installed

24May2014. Son of a gun! my edit was gone somehow!
    Anyway, ok so my car is now under another transformation process but this time with help from ART at Kelapa Gading. The Tanabe ER Tune JASMA spec has finally arrived. The packaging box was huge! I ordered the exhaust through masbro tembox_7 whom is a member here and it turns out that he and his partner own a tuning shop out in Kelapa Gading (ART). They've been doing M cars and AMG cars for a long time and what so cool about them is that even my ride is not on par with what they've accustom to do, they still treat me like what a business should treat a customer. I can attest that both of the business owners have the crucial proper product knowledge, patience and passion. Rarely Indo shops possess these. Most shops here, at least the few that I've contacted, they'll got extremely rude when I inquire specific product knowledge. I am sure this is their defensive mechanism to cover their shortcomings in not knowing the products which they are selling. Well, f*ck them. I'll take my business someplace else. In short, I am extremely happy with ART and for sure I'll be one of their returning customers.

Moving on the exhaust review. This Tanabe ER Tune is a JASMA approved spec. It has that JASMA certification plaque embossed on top of the mufflers. The mufflers are shiny mirror polished. This is an axle back exhaust so HP and TQ gain are not the same as a complete system from a header would present. Sound-wise is awesome! No more droning as before so my wife would be a happy camper. Now the exhaust note is more of a deep bass rumble like on a 6cyl 3.0L/3.5L Bimmer during cold start up and in an idle rpm. The exhaust is rather quiet during mid rpm, and deep at WOT. But keep in mind that I just had this installed a couple of days ago so it needs some times to break in and I'll report back once it broken in for sure. Material-wise, awesome materials (SS304 IIRC) and you can tell them by the look and feel. And oh, being a direct bolt on, the installation was a breeze, just need approx. 15mins or so for the installation and done! Yep, no modification whatsoever.

Anyway, here are some of the pics:

08march2018. Modded grille was installed. YAYYYYY. I'm extremely happy with the work though it took the shop (Vanquish) a little more than 2 weeks to get this job done but time well spent for a perfect finished product! Seriously; if anyone needs to get a custom grille, custom bodykit, what have you, please direct yourself to Vanquish at Radio Dalam. They are right next to ACE hardware store. Anyway, here are the pics, the grille installed on the car:

On this second pic, I pointed out all the differences between stock and this custom made one. All color coded for easier understanding. All the changes are what so secret about my customized grille

01march2014. Trial fitting the custom made grille at Vanquish art line at Radio Dalam was better than expected though took quite a bit of time for a bit more sanding and grinding here and there (at certain areas on the custom grille, such as where the tabs are located) but the end result is that the fitment for both top and bottom parts are a match. Will report back the finish product this Saturday with pics and all.

28feb2014. Bodykit arrived from Creation Auto Styling KL, Malaysia. Thank you Hoong! They got installed at Perfect Autobody at Jl. Keb Lama. The installation took literally a whole day and I don't think this is a DIY for serious, just have a professional install the kit for you and, oh, almost forgot, just a friendly warning to those other Mark X owners whom decided to get this same OEM aerokit, be prepare to drill your bumpers to make some brackets for the tabs so do NOT remove those tabs. The installation is exactly the same as in Alphard/Vellfire/Harriers/Wish/Ist/Yaris/Camry/Altis and the likes; so again, you gotta drill the bumpers to make some brackets. Met with the owner over there whom is a pleasant and humble guy to have a discussion with. Their crews are definitely knows what they are doing. You gotta see their works on AMG cars, M cars, and all other exotics, so yeah, recommended to anyone who needs a body work.

Took out that "250 G" emblem to make the trunk looks cleaner: Thanks B171GUS for the idea

25feb2014. Exhausts were installed at Budi Knalpot at jalan raya kebaroyan #6, near rs permata hijau. Took a while as the guys over at Budi Knalpot must do some customizations on the installation process but the result is awesome. A professional shop I must say. They give good advice to their customers which is a definitely a plus. Over at the shop I met with the owner, mas yudi and mas cipto as well as made a couple of new acquaintances with Budi Knalpot's customers over there..
    Anyway, here's the soundclip: https://soundcloud.com/lmaleke/hks-hiper-on-grx130

18feb2014. So I decided to stop by at Vanquish Art Line at Radio Dalam Raya, to have my chrome windows trims wrapped up and to minimize all other chromed out elements on my car. Spoke with the shop owner, Glenndy, and after some discussion and brainstorming sessions, I agree to do a custom grille (replacing the stock grille) and some subtle changes on the taillights as well as on the chrome strip above the license plate. As far as how the custom grille will look like, that remains a secret until its completion but what I can tell now is that there will be a somewhat radical change on the grill while still maintaining its stock appearance. Well, we'll see how it goes .
    On the taillights and the chrome strip above the license plate, unless there's another Mark X or an enthusiast, the changes are abit harder to notice. That's good. My plan is that trying to keep this mods as simple as possible yet not understated . Anyway, here are some pics and pointers on the mods done today..
    After:

Matte window trims:

Removed grille for a modified one:

Before:

14Feb2014. Added OEM foglights along with their OEM covers for aesthetical purpose only, replacing the old tiny winy itsy bitsy non oem foglights. Mine are used and in a perfect working condition but they are not hooked up to any wire. Why I didn't bother to hook up any wire to the foglights? You might ask.. Well, perhaps I'm saving this for the next project sometimes in the future. I want to have everything OEM; so, I'm going to need to purchase the Toyota stalk that has a foglight switch. Yep, the one that could be found on either Inova or Avanza or Xenia or Rush or Terios or Agya/Ayla or Yaris or Camry or Fortuner or Noah (Nav1). I haven't done further research to be fair.. Regardless, in order to make sure that the stalk from either of the above said model will be a direct fit, I would have to remove my steering wheel and check out the connector. But knowing how Toyota shares most of their parts I'm sure the stalk either of those models above could be a direct and perfect fits.

Now, if I decided to hook up my foglights then finding a proper set of OEM wiring will be the next. As I said earlier, I need to get myself a set of an appropriate OEM wiring (means: proper length, proper fuse connector, relay connector and so on) and hook up everything to the stock fuse box, run the wire to the relay box (located on the same stock fuse box), and to continue route the wires correctly to the stalk connector, got to make sure that the foglight indicator on the speedometer is lit (to keep everything OEM look)..

Anyhow, for those of you who are interested in adding a set of foglights on their Mark X's, just use a set of OEM's which could be found on Toyota Inova or Camry. They are direct bolt on. Based on my research, foglights came from these following cars could be a direct fit as well: Avanza or Xenia or Rush or Terios or Agya/Ayla or Yaris. How do I know this? I simply measured the opening on the foglight covers and looking at notch and the base at the bumper

With Rays Homura (ori). 20x8.5 et+45 face 1, rata, 245/35-20, rata

Was: Wheels were sold
    With Rays 57Extreme (ori). 19x8.5 et+44, face 2, rata, 245/40-19, rata

Thank you gan... will provide update on any changes ya gan... sorry masih cupu

2. Rekeningku.com
    Kapten
    Power
    M-Store Point
    2 Wks 5 Days 14 Hrs 46 Mins 29 Secs
    cakep mark-x nya om. ditunggu update selanjutnya

Mayor
    Power
    M-Store Point
    3 Mths 3 Wks 4 Days 8 Hrs 11 Mins 25 Secs
    Keren om.. Tinggal sport-kit deh & cuci bersih pastinya

Mayor Jendral
    Power
    M-Store Point
    1 Mth 1 Wk 5 Days 14 Hrs 45 Mins 48 Secs
    cakep om mark x nya..
    HONDA CIVIC EG / EK OEM JDM PARTS & JDM RIMS
    Phone / WA : 0813-61310669
    Blackberry PIN : 519655B2
    FB : Dedy siregar
    IG : Remove.Auto

Brigadir Jendral
    Power
    M-Store Point
    1 Mth 1 Wk 1 Day 15 Hrs 54 Mins 59 Secs
    simple n clean broo

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    3 Wks 1 Day 19 Hrs 15 Mins 32 Secs
    cakep gan

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
    cakep mark-x nya om. ditunggu update selanjutnya
    Thank you oom.. will post any update oom

Quote Originally Posted by sr.vanquish View Post
    Keren om.. Tinggal sport-kit deh & cuci bersih pastinya
    Btul oom, lagi tunggu coilover... lama bener nih aduh... bantu doa ya oom buat orderan cepet dateng
    iya oom dekil bener, kemaren mau cuci, ehh ujan dah hahaahha

Quote Originally Posted by removeauto View Post
    cakep om mark x nya..
    thank you oom

Quote Originally Posted by infiniti.java View Post
    simple n clean broo
    thank you oom, masi blajar modif oom

Quote Originally Posted by Adithoism View Post
    cakep gan
    thank you oom.. masih blajar modif...

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    1 Wk 3 Days 59 Mins 48 Secs
    Tambahan potonya om hehe

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    Quote Originally Posted by Afif_firas View Post
    Tambahan potonya om hehe
    blm ada yg lain sih oom.. but i'll check & post kl ada ya oom...
    2nd Gen Mark X-Work Emotion-Advan DB-ST Coilover by KW GmbH-Kakimoto-Cusco foot works-Brembo 6pot/4pot-XS Motoring pre-muffler-Red Recaro SR7F

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    added oem fogs with oem covers...

Page 1 of 19 12345 ... LastLast
GT Radial Venom 300x250

Thread Information