Scans + Mc amp + Mc HU = output ?
Scuto Laminating Simota Gelap.net / Indowin

25 Mei 2016 - Payment System Terbaru Untuk Bursa Jual Beli telah kami hadirkan.
Untuk informasi lebih lengkap dapat dilihat di http://modifika.si/630917

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • Short URL:  http://modifika.si/101879
  • Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
    Kopral Satu
    Power
    M-Store Point
    N/A

Scans + Mc amp + Mc HU = output ?

Hi,

I would like to know, what's the sound characteristics when we combine these parts :

HU = Mcintosh MX5000 + MDA5000

Amp (for tweeter and midrange) = Mcintosh (maybe MCC404 - 100W X 4)

Tweeter = Scanspeak R2904 Revelator - 7000 Ring Radiator (put on A pillar)

Midrange = Scanspeak 4" 12M (put on A pillar in sealed enlosure)

Other component like midbass, sub and other amps, u choose for urself but don't need to mess with this question hehe

And the question is.....is this combo will sound good with all kinds of music like RnB, Pop, Rock, Metal and so on ? Some say that 12M is a bit warmer...what do u say ?

Is there any other combo that is better than this ?

2. Eagle Eyes
    Letnan Satu
    Power
    M-Store Point
    3 Days 2 Hrs 6 Mins 55 Secs
    wew berat bner maenannya aplg nih yg bs nandingin??

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    1 Wk 2 Days 2 Hrs 14 Mins 33 Secs
    its all relative.
    good or not are depend on ur judgment and ur knowledge about how a music should sound like?

if some says that this brand is to warm or to bright, how do they know that?
    are they already hear the real voice of the singer?

anyway , i think ur choice already among the top. and they should be fine for all kind of musics genre.

the question should be where can i find the right tuner that can satisfy all my hunger

Mayor
    Power
    M-Store Point
    4 Days 8 Hrs 16 Mins 55 Secs
    +1 for Felix
    The Beast - Sound Quality Audio Processor
    The Altair - HiFi Speaker

Letnan Dua
    Power
    M-Store Point
    1 Hr 24 Mins 45 Secs
    yup..

it's all back to how can we defeat our "hunger"...!!!

human basic...

Kopral Satu
    Power
    M-Store Point
    N/A
    actually, i'm concern about the 12M characteristic.

errr u guys familiar with NPdang of DIYMA ? he's the one tested the TS-S101PRS (the 4" Pioneer PRS mid that i'm using now) and comparing against the Scans 12M, and he says 12M is a bit warmer compare to the PRS. i don't know if he know how the true human voice when he says warm but he definately comparing Driver VS Driver and 12M is warmer than the PRS.

I'm really satisfied with my PRS but i don't know how to mount the mid in A pillar in a neat profesional way as this PRS mid like to mount in IB as it's a high Qts driver. So, how i'm gonna mount this thing in A pillar in IB ?

Now my install is like below :

errr when i snap the pic, i didn't paint it yet, so, please don't let yourself puke

*note : this is DIY installation. please don't laugh...haha opss i'm laughing myself

that's why i'm looking for an alternative that is as good as the PRS while i'm concern about the 12M's characteristic, afraid it will not suit rock/metal CDs

Letnan Satu
    Power
    M-Store Point
    1 Hr 2 Mins 51 Secs
    well.. sir.. u need to find yourself the best in the business when it comes to Scan R7000, the R7000 needs perfect angle, the scan 12M needs good sealed enclosure, i dont think that kind of installation can be handled by a non professional.. (no off sir..)

about 12M, i used to have them on my latest system, after a few bruised and holes (courtesy of my big-fat-naughty-cute nephew) i had to put them on their retirement days..

now i'm trying to put Seas RM120 to join my early Scan R7000, i've heard this combination before few times and compared to Scan 12M, the Seas is warmer.. and many people said the 12M is to slow to compete with R7000's speed and it will result like,, we could say the mid freq will sound falter and hauled..? but suprisingly.. its just sound okay for me and worth every penny on any genre..
    so,, dont bother what people said about sound signatures.. to many possibilities and x-factor to determine.. and i dont think Scan 12M is in the same league as Pioneer PRS sir.. (sorry, no off -again- and please correct me if im wrong)

the infamous three way combo in modcom is Scan 12M + Seas RM120 + RW165 (installed in semi active) some says its the best in its class, but i think many combo contender twice / triple the price will KO that combo easily.. but,, that combo is my holy grail for now.. my pocket is on a great diet, can't go anywhere to upgrade whatsoever..

Kopral Satu
    Power
    M-Store Point
    N/A
    Thx for the reply guys

bro swiftest_thing : do u familiar with NPdang of DIYMA ?

i bought the PRS basically becos of his review. judging from his experience, his reputation of giving many reviews in DIYMA...and of cos measuring the driver's with Klippel machine and NPdang says :

"I'm not good at using flowery, poetic language, so I'll just say that overall, these are the best 4" mids that I've had the pleasure of listening to."

his comment come from this page : http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...prs-4-mid.html

"Seas w12 mag... a little cold.... scan12m... a little warm... audio technology no poly for me bleh!! focal no copper in the motor .... prs mids are just right I'd say second on the list for me is Peerless exclusive 4", followed very closely by Seas mag, then Seas Nx"

and this comment from here : http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...s-4-mid-3.html

i don't know if PRS and 12M is in a different league, and i also don't have the luxury to try all those speakers, so, i'm buying audio stuff basically from reading reviews...especially from DIYMA

Anyway, you have any idea how to mount my PRS in a more neat way ? but of cos need to be in IB to make the PRS sing well

thanks

Sersan Satu
    Power
    M-Store Point
    4 Days 10 Hrs 54 Mins 44 Secs
    NPdang from diyma, i knew him from his phenomenal test about Legatia 3 that turn Scott Buwalda angry and upset

Mayor
    Power
    M-Store Point
    4 Days 8 Hrs 16 Mins 55 Secs
    Wonder how NPDang correlate between "warmer" sound and Klippel's result...
    The Beast - Sound Quality Audio Processor
    The Altair - HiFi Speaker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
NGK Busi Mega Glodok Kemayoran

Thread Information